Learn the key digital adoption strategies that every business leader should know about.
Key Digital Adoption Strategies
1. Eliminate Employee Resistance
Dealing with employee resistance is one of the common pitfalls of digital transformation. Because no matter how good a tool is, but without your employee’s support, it’s all but a waste.
So it is highly important to consider your employees before taking any software. How can you help your employees deal with tha change?
Know the factors affecting employee performance
- Educate employees first– although leaders are the first to bring the change, it is important for the employees to be involved. So before any investment, employees should know the changes in the plan. They should also know the reasons why, and how their part plays a big role.
- Continue training & support– perhaps the greatest barrier for an employee to accept is their fear of not knowing how. Not every employee is tech-savvy, of course. So you can help them deal with their fear by continuous training and support.
2. Train Within the Application
Training can be done in different ways. For example, on-screen, in-app, and contextual walkthrough training can help. By doing so, they can learn the basics, new and additional features, and get used to the app functions.
3. Provide Different Kinds of Training
As said, not every employee is tech-savvy. Besides, each has its own learning style and capacity. Not to mention if you are in a global company, you will surely deal with multiple languages, something you should also consider. So to be effective, adopt your training methods accordingly.
Perhaps you can train them according to their specific role. For example, in how to use specific app functions to get their job done. In-app guided walkthroughs can also greatly help in providing self-help training.
4. Provide Different Training Content Formats
Learning comes in different ways for different people. Some cannot consume too much information, while others can. Also, some may prefer videos, while others prefer detailed guides. Make sure to provide training in different content formats.
Here are different training formats you can use:
- In-app EasyFlows
- Hot URL
Some also find guided discovery, self-help, task lists, broadcast messages, and smart tips to be helpful in introducing new features or information.
5. Maximize Engagement
Engagement can also drop if training sessions are not readily available in the app whenever they need it.
What can leaders do?
Many make use of digital adoption platforms (DAPS). With it, employees can even catch up with the training by Whatfix widgets. This often results in 3X user engagements.
6. Update your Internal Customers
Salesforce, for instance, makes software updates at least 3x a year. There are often new features in each update. So make sure employees are prompted in each new app update.
On the other side, this shows that training does not end in adoption. In every app update, you need to train. By doing so, employees can get by each new feature and get used to it. So perhaps in each new update, you can add a new in-app walkthrough. This is an effective way to train them by themselves.